So it’s the new year… and i’ve been no where to be found… oops. Thanks to my friend for pointing out my absence or else I may have never made my way back. Gotta keep you on your toes, no? Posting schedules are overrated (this is heavy sarcasm, please no one attack me).
- NEW PONY! YAY! He’s a 19 year old Westphalian. Until he leaves in June, i’ll refer to him as “Pig”. I still miss the Dutch Warmblood I had more than anything and he’ll always be my heart horse. I’d be lying if I said I didn’t regret letting him go.
- Physical therapy- It has been up and down. My motor control hasn’t gotten any better so we’ve now added myofascial release to the never ending list of treatments. It isn’t helping so far if i’m being honest, and i’m not the biggest fan of it, but i’ll give it a chance.
- School- I don’t know if i’ve touched on this recently or at all. I’m a senior but won’t be graduating until late this summer/sometime in the fall. Basically i’m just catching up on classes and making up for time that Lyme stole from me.
- Health wise- Seems like the lyme + co-infections are out of my system and now we’re just looking at dealing with the “consequences” of Lyme. I’m still working with my acupuncturist, physical therapist (obviously) and now the myfascial release guy.
That’s all for now. I know I don’t have many readers at all, BUT if anyone has suggestions as to what you’d like to hear from me that would be very helpful 🙂
Ah, the holidays. I’d be lying if I said that I don’t absolutely adore this time of year. People are happier (kind of), nicer, and though probably a bit more stressed, seem lighter in a way. I’m not sure if that makes sense, but I hope it does.
Christmas today has been wonderful and a much needed day to relax at home and enjoy being around the fam. We all live under one roof (except for my brother who is away at college for the majority of the year) and we’re usually headed in different directions, so to be together is sadly, rare. Is what it is, just makes being together even more special!
- My normal PT has been away for the past few weeks so i’ve been working with another PT who I worked with for a year. Taking a different approach to things while we wait for him to get back… always good to get a second opinion!
- Acupuncture was getting a bit complicated and confusing for a while there, in the sense that we had absolutely no idea whatsoever what was going on. BUT, that seems to have changed and now we may have found the source for some of my symptoms… whoopie!
- Going to see some myofascial guy next weekend about my ankle to see if he can get my motor control moving in a better direction.
- Riding is on the back burner right now. My old lease went home and we brought in a new horse for trial. She quickly re-aquainted me with the ground so it’s fair to say that it didn’t work out and we’re back to searching for a new horse. *Sigh*, wasn’t meant to be. Oh well.
Yeah, maybe things have changed a bit. Maybe i’m facing a chronic illness, maybe i’m facing one that is even threatening to take my life. Either way, please try to remember that i’m still me. I know things are different than they used to be and that my world, and maybe yours, has been turned upside down and spun 180 degrees. I might be too sick to get out of bed some days, or have to cancel plans last minute because I just don’t feel up to going out. Trust me, I don’t want it to be this way and though things may have changed, I don’t want you to treat me differently. I want to be that fun loving, excitable, and happy go lucky person that you used to know and somewhere beneath all of my symptoms, I still am that person.
I’m still that person that you shared many laughs with. I’m still that person that you hung out with and talked for hours on end about irrelevant drama with. I’m still that person that you ran around while we were screaming at the tops of our lungs, having not a care in the world. I’m still that person that you stayed up with until 3am binge movies and eating all the junk food we could get our hands on. I’m still that person that you came to when life just wasn’t going your way, and you needed someone who understood. I’m still that person you knew way before all of this happened. As much as things have changed, please help me keep some kind of normalcy in my life. I don’t want to forget the person that I used to be, and I don’t want you to forget it either. I don’t want our amazing memories to fade into the background of my new reality, wether this reality be just for now or for forever. I’m trying to keep those memories alive because right now i’m fighting to get that person back.
No matter what, don’t forget about that effervescent person that you used to know. It might be challenging for the eye to see, but please look just a little bit harder. Beneath the shell of my exhausted body and behind the tears that I occasionally shed, I am still in here. Please don’t forget about the real me.